Saturday 29 January 2011

Madeleine Berry Upside down Pie




On Sunday morning, I baked my so called 'Madeleine Berry Pie'. I know it can't be properly recognized a madeleine if the shape of it is not a seashell. But after baking madeleines I realized the sponge but firm texture that just melts in your mouth should be also given a recognition besides the look. That being said, of course it's made of madeleine batter with lots of cranberries and blueberries... sprinkle all the berries at the bottom of the pie pan first, then pour the madeleine batter on top of it. Then just bake it! after you take it out of the oven, flip it over upside down on a plate. the color is a bit brownish because the batter has chocolate syrup in it. I wanted to make something with cranberries and blueberries but then I am not a big fan of muffins so I decided to use the madeleine recipe to go with the berries. It would be great for cake bases if I make a couple of them and layer them with some whipped cream in between and all around the edge. It's one of my favorite invention and i am quite sure i will do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! :)