Sunday 6 February 2011

More Ikat

While reading a book 'Snoop' by Sam Gosling, I found an interesting idea about how people's early emotional experiences can be connected to the design they like, or environment they want to be in. Is being attracted to these Ikat patterns and my wish to surround myself with these cushions say something about my childhood...?
Ikat pillows from here




Ikats found here


Definition of Ikat, or Ikkat, is the method of weaving that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye on either the warp or weft fibres.
The dye is applied prior to the threads being woven to create the final fabric pattern or design.

Ikat is an Indonesian language word, which depending on context, can be the nouns: cord, thread, knot and the finished ikat fabric as well as the verbs "to tie" or "to bind". -Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think! :)